for sale in Leominster (ref: 29519096)Shortlist
- Prime Location In Centre Of Market Town
- Freehold 2 Storey Commercial Premises
- Excellent Investment Opportunity
- Deceptively Spacious Accommodation
- Prominent Shop Frontage
- Additional Office & Storage Space
- Kitchenette & WC Facilities
- Potential Residential Development Subject To Planning Permission
FULL PARTICULARS - 8 Corn Street is a deceptively spacious commercial premises being sold due to retirement and is set in the heart of the busy market town of Leominster, which serves a wide catchment area with a resident population of approximately 11,000 and a catchment population of about 40,000. The shop itself is prominently situated right in the town centre in the busy pedestrian thoroughfare of Corn Street, linking the town's well known Corn Square area to the High Street and West Street.
- The property itself offers deceptively spacious accommodation on 2 floors, including an excellent display window and main shop area, together with further ground floor accommodation, with the upstairs split into two with the upstairs of the original building having been refurbished and offering 2 excellent offices with kitchenette and to the rear, an extension with further first floor accommodation, but requiring significant renovation.
- The whole is more particularly described as follows:-
GROUND FLOOR - Glazed front door with full length glazed shop window opens to the
PRINCIPAL SHOP AREA - 20'7" x 10'5" - With suspended ceiling, inset fluorescent ceiling light, spotlights, power points and door then leading to a
REAR HALLWAY - With wall lighting and door to
CLOAKROOM - With high flush WC, corner hand wash basin and wall light. A further door then leads through to
OFFICE AREA - 11'4" x 9'8" - With suspended ceiling with fluorescent lighting inset, power points and telephone point. A further door then leads to the rear to a
STORAGE ROOM - 13'7" x 12'4" - With ceiling light, tiled flooring and opaque window to the side.
There is a staircase then leading up to 2 additional rooms over the rear extension which could provide further accommodation but would require substantial renovation.
- To the side of the front shop there is a separate door giving access to an enclosed passageway that has a door into the front shop and rear office, as well as access to a staircase leading up to the first floor accommodation over the original premises. The first floor accommodation has been renovated and offers additional office space with a
LOBBY AREA - 6'4" x 6'3" - With ceiling light and doors leading off to
OFFICE NO. 2 - 14'3" x 6'4" - With a large sash window to the front elevation, fluorescent ceiling lighting, ample power points and telephone point.
OFFICE NO. 3 - 21'7" x 7'1" - With sash window to the front elevation, fluorescent ceiling lighting, ample power points and telephone point, incorporating a KITCHENETTE AREA with stainless steel single drainer sink unit with tiled splashback and fitted cupboards below, additional power points and UPVC double glazed window to the rear elevation.
SERVICES - Mains Electricity, Water & Drainage.
OUTGOINGS - Rateable Value:
Payable 2016/2017 £4,150 per annum.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE - Asset Rating: F
LOCAL AUTHORITY - The Herefordshire Council - 01432 260000
VIEWING - Strictly by prior appointment through the Agents, Jackson Property. Tel: 01568 610600.
Stamp Duty Due
Based on a sale price of £125,000 the total amount of stamp duty payable will be:
Last updated: The calculators have been updated following the introduction of a stamp duty holiday until 31st March 2021.
* This value is based on the standard rate and not applicable to first-time buyers or buy-to-let / second home buyers.
- Status: Available
- Reference: 29519096