for sale in Hawksbill Hall (ref: 102051001602)Shortlist
- A purpose-built 10,000 bird egg unit.
- Perimeter security fencing.
- PP for an additional unit adjacent to existing building.
- PP for agricultural storage building.
- Dutch barn is potential for conversion to a range of uses subject to pp.
- Private and secluded location.
- Circa 42 acres.
DESCRIPTION The site is currently operated as a profitable free-range egg laying business. The main building was constructed in 2005 by Morespan Construction and is classed as a Flat Deck Free Range Housing. The capacity is 10,000 birds with the present flock laying 3,500,5000 medium eggs over a 15-month period.
The building is fully equipped with a temperature-controlled storage area, Staalkat farmpacker, electronic feeding systems and backup generator. There is an office area with the majority of controls and two Collinson feed silos.
Currently the eggs are sold to an independent packer, who we understand would like to continue the current arrangement.
Planning permission has been granted to erect an identical building adjacent, also to house 10,000 birds. Permission was granted in 2012, however, the vendor has made a material commencement.
Land The land equates to circa 42 acres, with more available by separate negotiation. The land is all fenced with post and rail and/or electric fencing. The land allocated to the free-range birds is securely fenced to keep predators out.
Stamp Duty Due
Based on a sale price of £950,000 the total amount of stamp duty payable will be:
Last updated: The calculators have been updated following the introduction of a stamp duty holiday until 31st March 2021.
* This value is based on the standard rate and not applicable to first-time buyers or buy-to-let / second home buyers.
- Status: Unavailable
- Reference: 102051001602