LOCATION - The Cedars is situated in a convenient and mature residential location in the Historic Market Town of Leominster. The town itself has a comprehensive range of amenities including a range of traditional High Street shops, a number of supermarkets, both doctor and dental surgeries, primary and secondary schools, leisure facilities including swimming pool and transport links to include both rail and bus station. The larger Cathedral City of Hereford is located approximately 13 miles to the south where a more comprehensive range of amenities can be found, with the picturesque South Shropshire town of Ludlow also readily available.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION - This individual detached house offers accommodation set over three floors. Approached from its gravelled driveway, a canopy style porch is set over the upvc double-glazed front door which opens to a spacious reception hallway with useful understairs storage cupboard and downstairs cloakroom with low flush w.c. and hand wash basin. A further door from the reception hallway leads to the good-sized family living room with double-glazed windows to front and side elevations, and recessed brick fireplace with gas available, wall lighting and two panelled radiators. Double doors then lead through to the separate dining room with sliding double-glazed patio doors opening to the gardens to the rear, ceiling light and panelled radiator, with a door then leading through to the family kitchen. The kitchen offers a comprehensive range of matching units to include both base and wall cupboards with ample rolled edge work surfaces and matching island with breakfast bar and additional cupboards incorporated. There is a stainless steel one and a half bowl sink unit, planned space for utilities, including space for cooker with both electric and gas connections, further space for a fridge and space and plumbing for a dishwasher. There is tiled flooring, a range of inset ceiling downlighters and double-glazed window overlooking the gardens to the rear, with a return door to the reception hallway. A further glazed door leads to an excellent utility room to the side with further space for utilities including washing machine and separate tumble dryer, rolled edge work surfaces, stainless steel sink and cupboards, with double-glazed window to the front and further double-glazed door giving access to the gardens to the rear. Housed in here is the Vaillant gas-fired central heating boiler.
- From the reception hallway, a staircase then leads up to a spacious first floor landing with good-sized airing cupboard with hot water cylinder, wood slatted shelving and additional radiator. Doors then lead off to the master bedroom with double-glazed window to the front elevation, fitted wardrobes across the one wall and benefiting from en-suite shower room to include corner shower cubicle with Mira shower over, low flush w.c. and pedestal hand wash basin. There are two further double-bedrooms on this floor, both with double-glazed windows overlooking the gardens to the rear and a separate family bathroom with suite to include panelled bath with mixer tap hot and cold, low flush w.c. and pedestal hand wash basin.
- A staircase then leads up to the second floor landing with Velux roof light and door leading through to the spacious second floor fourth bedroom which is a very large room with two Velux roof lights to the rear. The room is partially sub-divided into an initial dressing area or potential study if required, which then leads through to the main bedroom, again a good size with ceiling spotlights, ample power points and useful access to under eaves storage.
- The property is approached via a gravelled driveway which sweeps to both the side and front elevations and provides ample off-road parking. The front garden itself is principally laid to lawn with some mature shrubs and trees, including fruit trees and mature front hedge. The driveway to the side leads to an excellent detached double garage block with an overall measurement of approx. 20'0" x 18'5" (6.09m x 5.61m) with the one half of the garage enclosed with a single up and over door, power and lighting measuring 18'5" x 10'0" (5.61m x 3.05m). The second half of the garage is open-fronted and provides excellent covered parking and measures 18'5" x 9'6" (5.61m x 2.89m)
- The garden to the rear comprises a flagged patio area stretching across the back of the property, providing a pleasant outside seating area, which in turn leads to the principally lawned garden with shrub borders.
- The Agents recommend internal inspection to appreciate the extent of the accommodation on offer.
SERVICES - Mains Electricity, Gas, Water & Drainage.
Gas fired central heating.
Telephone (Subject to B.T. Regulations).
OUTGOINGS - Council Tax Band: E.
LOCAL AUTHORITY - Herefordshire Council. Telephone 01432 260000.
VIEWING - Strictly by prior appointment through the Agents, Jackson Property Telephone 01568 610600.
Jackson Property (Leominster) - for themselves and the vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that these particulars, although believed to be correct, do not constitute any part of an offer of contract, that all statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and that they do not make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property. Any intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixture, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose, neither has the agent checked the legal documents to verify the freehold/leasehold status of the property. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor or surveyor.
Based on a sale price of £395,000 the total amount of stamp duty payable will be:
Last updated: The calculators have been updated following the end of the stamp duty holiday on 30th June 2021. Until the end of September 2021, it represents a staggered return to previous rates.
* This value is based on the standard rate and not applicable to first-time buyers or buy-to-let / second home buyers.