LOCATION - Shirlheath is a small rural hamlet, surrounded by delightful Herefordshire countryside and close to the ever popular rural village of Kingsland. The village itself offers excellent amenities to include two well supported pubs/restaurants, village shop/post office, doctor's surgery, outstanding primary school, village hall, Church and the Luctonians Sports Club on the fringe of the village. The town of Leominster is close to hand offering a further range of amenities including traditional High Street shops, a range of supermarkets, primary and secondary schools, cottage hospital, leisure facilities and good transport links to include bus and train stations. The larger Cathedral City of Hereford is located a little further to the south with the popular historic South Shropshire town of Ludlow also easily accessible.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION - Oaklands is an impressive extended country residence offering characterful accommodation throughout and set in its own beautiful gardens and grounds. Approached from the front elevation, a upvc double-glazed front door with matching double-glazed panels to either side, opens to a lovely spacious and welcoming reception hallway, which also links to the original character front door surrounded by exposed stone walling. Doors then lead off to the family kitchen which comprises a comprehensive range of matching units with granite work surfaces and including an impressive range style cooker, space and plumbing for dishwasher and American style fridge-freezer and double-glazed windows overlooking the gardens to the rear. The room then opens out to a dining area with painted exposed ceiling timbers and further exposed feature stone wall with double-glazed doors opening to the side garden, a return door to the reception hallway and a door through to the good sized family conservatory to the rear which takes advantage of the lovely outlook over the formal gardens and also opens out onto a raised patio/seating area. A further door from the reception hallway leads to a family sitting room with double-glazed windows to dual aspects and forming a lovely feature to the room is the stone inglenook fireplace with raised hearth and inset woodburning stove.
- Also leading off the reception hallway is a door through to the lovely and light family living room with double-glazed patio doors, leading out to the formal gardens to the rear, with further double-glazed windows to the front elevation, again, forming a feature to the room is a lovely woodburning stove set into a recessed chimney breast with raised hearth, wooden surround and mantel over. A door then leads through to a rear hallway with double-glazed door giving access to the gardens and a further door leading to a useful utility room/w.c. A door then leading through to a good sized study with double-glazed window to the front elevation, which in turn leads to the library/snug with further double-glazed door to the gardens with double-glazed window looking out to the same and a range of fitted bookshelves to the one wall.
- The first floor accommodation is accessed from a staircase in the reception hallway, passing exposed timber features to the wall and leading up to a generous first floor galleried landing with exposed timbers and providing a lovely airy space which can accommodate cupboards for storage if required. Doors then lead off to what is a most impressive and recently updated master suite which encompasses a lovely spacious double bedroom with dual aspect, being partially divided to include a lovely oak feature pillar leading around to a beautifully appointed en-suite including a larger than average bath with mixer tap hot and cold with shower attachment, separate double shower cubicle, low flush w.c. and personal hand wash basin, having been finished to an extremely high standard and complementing the overall bedroom. There are three further double bedrooms to the first floor, all with their own individual character and charm, with a separate good sized family bathroom also leading off the landing.
- The property is set in generous gardens and ground extending to approximately 2 Acres with its own private gated driveway which opens out to a spacious parking and turning area and also leadS to an excellent detached garage/workshop block which comprises an open fronted double bay garage measuring 20'0" x 17'9" (6.09m x 5.41m) with a side door into an enclosed workshop/storage measuring 17'4" x 9'82 (5.28m x 2.95m), separate double doors to garage/workshop measuring 17'10" x 9'62 (5.44m x 2.89m) and stable block measuring 17'5" x 10'5" (5.31m x 3.19m). There are also additional outbuildings to the side providing further space for firewood and additional storage. Directly to the rear of the property are lovely formal gardens which have been attractively landscaped including a large flagged patio area providing a lovely outside seating/dining/bbq area which leads off to the side to a further patio area with inset fire pit and pergola over, which continues through to a lovely raised pond with water feature including fountain, all surrounded by mature floral and shrub borders and large areas of lawn which continue off to a larger lawned paddock garden area where there is a greenhouse and further timber framed garden shed, an ideal space for children to play. A further gated access close to the gravelled driveway opens to a grazing paddock with some mature trees and a field shelter to the one corner measuring 25'0" x 13'0" (7.62m x 2.97m) with a further gate leading to a second good sized paddock.
- The property offers a unique opportunity to purchase a lovely homely family country property with the benefit of its own gardens, paddock land and outbuildings. Viewing is highly recommended to fully appreciate both the location and the accommodation on offer.
SERVICES - Mains Electricity, Gas & Water. Private Drainage.
Telephone (Subject to B.T. Regulations)
OUTGOINGS - Council Tax Band: F
LOCAL AUTHORITY - Herefordshire Council. Telephone 01432 260000.
VIEWING - Strictly by prior appointment through the Agents, Jackson Property. Telephone 01568 610600.
DIRECTIONS - From Leominster proceed West on the B4529 towards Eardisland , after approximately 2.5 miles turn right at Lawtons Cross towards Kingsland. Continue for just over half a mile into Shirlheath and turn left signposted Street. Follow this no through road for a quarter of a mile where the road will bear round to your right and Oaklands will be found on your left.
Jackson Property (Leominster) - for themselves and the vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that these particulars, although believed to be correct, do not constitute any part of an offer of contract, that all statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and that they do not make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property. Any intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixture, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose, neither has the agent checked the legal documents to verify the freehold/leasehold status of the property. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor or surveyor.
Based on a sale price of £650,000 the total amount of stamp duty payable will be:
Last updated: The calculator has been updated following the end of the stamp duty holiday on 1st October 2021.
* This value is based on the standard rate and not applicable to first-time buyers or buy-to-let / second home buyers.