On Tuesday 12th May 2020 the Government has announced the residential property industry in England was given the green light to return to action, giving broad guidance on how viewings, valuations, marketing and home moves may be conducted safely.
We have taken a couple of days to asses the guidelines and the reaction of the news from our clients & staff. We would like everyone to know we are not rushing to open the offices until we feel it is absoloutley safe to do so, we are aiming to have our Hereford & Leominster Branches 'open' over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Although we have never formally closed, as some of our staff continued to work remotely, and will continue to do so in line with the advice from the government on home working. We are now at a point where we can start doing physical viewings, valuations, photo/video tours, property inspections and tenancy move ins. These will be subject to our clients views on people attending their homes, to which, some may decline a physical inspection/viewing. We are still able to operate a virtual viewings and valuations and are more than happy to do so at any point. Virtual appointments are advised to continue as best practice, before physically entering a property for a viewing, valuation or marketing purposes.
The Government Guidelines on Moving Home have been availble since Wednesday 13th May, however, anybody wishing for a physical presence by a member of Jackson Property, or wanting to enter into a home marketed by Jackson Property, will have to adhere to Jackson Property Covid 19 Company Policies on attending a clients property.
ALL JACKSON PROPERTY STAFF WILL BE PROVIDED WITH PPE EQUIPEMENT, INCLUDING FACE MASKS, GLOVES, SHOE COVERS and HAND SANITISER. We shall use these in a similar way to the points below and what we expect of our clients.
- All clients, staff and contractors will fill out a Health Questionnaire upon registration or booking of appointment, No Appointment will commence without a signed returned version of the questionnaire (This will be an e-signature document)
- All Appointments will be undertaken under timeframes advised by Property Mark, these will be emailed to clients upon confirmation of appointment
- All clients attending an appointment must bring with them and use: Hand Sanitiser Gel and Facemask (Ideally gloves), whilst adhering to strict social distancing rules
- All clients attending must be from the same household and entering of the property will be limited to 2 people at a time
- No Block viewings will be arranged on properties
- Empty Properties will be opened by the agent prior to entering by the cient, thus limiting the need to touch door handles and light switches. The agent shall ideally remain outside
- Properties will be cleaned/wiped by the agent or vendor after the clients have left the premises
- Clients using our services to sell, will either conduct the viewing themselves, or vacate the property where possible, to minimise the amount of people in the property.
- Any questions after inspection of the property, either valuation or viewing, shall be done in an outside space or virtual call
- Inspections will be carried out without the tenant in the property, or via virtual call
- Our offices, when open, will remain locked and entry via appointment only
- The governments social distance guidelines will be adhered to at all times, for all appointments by clients and staff
Our aim is to ensure the safety of our clients, staff and families, along with helping people with buying, selling and letting of their property. Our full Jackson Property Covid 19 Company Policies document is available upon request.
We would like to thank you all for understanding our position and stance on helping people during this time. We are here to help, update and advise.
We look forward to helping you, and in the meantime, Keep Safe