Nathan Jackman-Smith from Jackson Property looks at how property buyers’ interests and demands have changed over the past twelve months.
Covid19 has changed many things in our lives. It has altered our outlook, our expectations and our ambitions, and it has changed the way we live or want to live.
Over the past year we have experienced this in an evolving list of property buyers’ aspirations. Oh, the usual essentials are still there – right price, enough room and attractive location – but now a secondary list of important requirements has appeared as buyers seek to change their lifestyles in the light of the pandemic.
Here are some of the important features being sought by post-Covid buyers today.
- Zoom Room - Homebuyers are attracted by a dedicated office space for home working.
- Homecation Facilities - Not everyone wants a pool, but room for some little luxuries is proving popular.
- Multigenerational Living - With more millennials and GenZs moving back home, and room needed for housing elderly family members, the hunt is on for adaptable properties and those with space to extend.
- Gourmet Kitchen - During lockdown many people brushed up on their cooking skills or even learned from scratch. Now the demand is for better-equipped kitchens.
- A Garden Oasis - Lots of us have discovered gardening during the lockdown while others want room to play and exercise. More people than ever are seeking good outside space following the strict social distancing rules.
- The Suburbs are Back - A little more space, lower prices and happy communities are driving buyers out from big cities. But some buyers aren’t quite reaching the countryside.
- The Health Conscious Home - Zoom fitness classes and networked exercise machines mean areas for wellness are a top priority.
- Space for the Pets - Pet adoptions increased in 2020. Many homebuyers are looking for pet-friendly features. Most are thinking about cats and dogs, but some are thinking about horses.
- Seating for Eating - Increased cooking expertise and a desire to spend more time with family and friends has meant a stronger focus on larger dining spaces.
- New Homes - A home with the patina of age is important to many. But to others a new start often means a brand new home where a clean slate and customised fittings can help to begin things afresh.
If you are thinking of selling your property and it has one or more of these features do call us for a chat on 01432 344 779, we have a huge number of prospective buyers waiting for their new home. We are working in 2021, not 2019.